PIGS #1 out September 14th!


Wow, what a crazy summer. I've not been blogging (again) and I apologise for the lack of updates. But in a nutshell, San Diego Comic-Con was as crazy (and fun) as always, and a week-long business trip to Los Angeles afterward was one of the most exhilarating experiences of my life; more details about that coming soon!

But in the meantime, much of my focus is on PIGS. No, not the delightful bacon-producing creatures found on farms (and in perverts' back yards); I'm talking about my new ONGOING book from Image Comics, starting September 14th!

In case you haven't heard about it yet, PIGS tells the tale of a 2nd-generation KGB Cuban sleeper cell that's activated and assigned to overthrow the US government. But why? And why now?

Co-written with the always awesome Nate Cosby (Jim Henson's Storyteller), and boasting art by ludicrously talented newcomer Breno Tamura, I am beyond excited for this one. Chris Sotomayor (colour) and Rus Wooton (lettering & design) make up the rest of the creative team, although each issue features a guest cover artist: #1's epic imagery is by Jock (The Losers, Detective Comics), and can be seen in all of its glory above.

Next up, we have Francesco Francavilla, Amanda Conner, Becky Cloonan and Dave Gibbons (who once worked on a little independent book called Watchmen), and plenty more beyond that.

I promise to try and keep this here blog up to date with art and suchlike!